Sunday, July 5, 2009

Williamsburg Vacation Day 3

On our last day of the vacation we were in Colonial Williamsburg. It was really cool to see and learn about all the historic events that happened there and to see how they lived back then. We were really lucky with weather the whole vacation. It was perfect.
This is the governors palace which had been burned down but the blue prints and journals of this building were found and they built a replica of what it was. It was really pretty inside and cool to see where such important people spent much of their time. This was at the entrance of the governors palace. It was beautiful! It was a huge wooden entry way covered in weapons. All around the building they used these weapons as decorations. It was so awesome.
This lady behind me is making a basket. Everything they use in colonial Williamsburg they make there. They make their nails, tools, clothes, food etc. It is cool to see them making all of those things.


This is in front of the Magazine building. Again it was full of weapons and ammo. Which of course is really cool to us.


This was at the end of the day as you can tell by my face we were a little tired. Bryce was randomly taking pictures of me and I was exhausted so I pulled this face. He thinks it is funny and wanted me to post it. So it was a very fun and tiring day. We are so glad we were able to see it all. It was a wonderful vacation!

4 comments:

Em said...

Sounds so cool! I hope we make it there!

Romney said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip!And P.S. I love your collage at the top!

The Hokanson Family said...

So fun! I would love to visit all these cool places you guys have been. Maybe someday...:) I love the new look of your blog.

Nelson Family said...

Sounds like you guys are having a good time. When are you coming to Utah?