Thursday, September 17, 2009

The day that changed my life!

On Sept. 17, 2005 I met the most amazing man in the world. I was going to UVSC (now UVU) and I had a girl that I was really good friends with. I was advertising myself to the girls sitting at my table that I was single and wanted to be set up on a date. Well that really good friend of mine said that her husband was friends with this really nice guy. She told me about him and I was getting all excited. She gave him my number and he was thinking, "Here we go, another blind date. She is 19, blond, and was a cheerleader." Let's just say he didn't give our blind date a very good percentege of being successful. He called me and the conversation ran smoothly. He asked me to go on a double date with the couple that had set us up. We were going to go to dinner and a movie. On the way to pick me up those three had arranged a plan. If I opened the door and Bryce didn't want to take me out then he would wave the little hand signal to the couple in the car and he would take off running, jump in the car, and leave me at my door. If you know my husband you know he was totally kidding and just being funny, but now you can see how this date started. Well, when I heard the knock my heart starting beating really fast. I fluffed my hair, practiced my smile, and looked in the peep hole to make sure I wanted to open. I had been on a lot of blind dates and they are kind of nerve racking. Is he going to be a psycho or cool. So after I had seen him in the peep hole I had this huge smile on my face. I gladly opened the door and we introduced and shook hands. We started walking out to the car and little did I know, behind me he did the hand signal for the runnaway exit. Good thing his friends know how sarcastic he is and they didn't really start driving away. We started off our date eating at Macoroni Grill. It was a great time. Because it was going so well, Bryce felt pretty comfortable and started saying things like, well looks like it's time to take you home... right in the middle of dinner. He was joking around saying that he was going to make me walk home. It was nice to see that he was so comfortable and knew that our personalities meshed so well that after knowing each other only an hour he could joke around with me. Dinner was so fun. We even got free dessert but we were too full so we saved it. Then we went to the movie, "Just Like Heaven." I loved the movie, but I remember having butterflies the whole time cause I was trying to flirt but still be a challenge so that he would ask me out again. As a normal girl dating I had about 100 things per minute racing through my mind. The movie ended and I was so sad that the night was coming to an end. Then we got in the car and I got nervous knowing that "THE DOOR STEP SCENE" was next. That was always an awekward time on blind dates. For me the usual door step scene is we talk about the night and the fun we had as we walk to the door. I thank him for taking me, give him a quick hug, and then turn and go in the door. Bryce and I have the best dating stories from our year and a half of dating so of course we have to have a good blind date story. So we got back to my apartment. Remember our dessert from dinner? Bryce was carying my "to-go" box for me. We walked up the stairs and we did the normal end of date talk I was used to. Then we got to the door and I was planning on giving him a hug and then taking my dessert and going in the door. Well unfortunatly Bryce couldn't read my mind and he stayed like five feet away from me. He thanked me for coming and told me how he would call me. He then handed me the dessert and turned around to walk back down the stairs. I didn't know what to do so I just took the dessert and turned around and walked in the door. It was so awekward and funny cause as he handed it to me he said, "Here is your cheese cake." And that was the end of the date, nothing else was said. Good thing he said he would call me cause if he hadn't said something futuristic like that I would have thought he had a horrible time and it was another "one and done" blind date. He did call and now we are happily married. That really was the day that changed my life by meeting the love of my life. He makes me so happy! Being married is the best. He is my best friend and we have so much fun together. I am so proud of his hard work and success in dental school. I love his testimony and his love for the gospel. I am so grateful he honors his priesthood and goes to the temple with me each month. I have so many things to look forward to in the future and I am so blessed to be able to spend forever with Bryce. I didn't know four years ago today I was meeting my Eternal Companion. I love you honey.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh how cute! It is so funny to think back on when you guys were dating. I remember meeting him at our apartment and thought you guys were just sooo cute. I'm so happy that you guys worked out in the end. I think you're perfect for each other! :)

Jenna said...

I'll never be able eat cheesecake without thinking of you guys now!

Nelson Family said...

I'm glad Tyler and I could be apart of the day that changed your life. It was probably one of the funnest double dates we've been on. Maybe on your next trip to Utah you could remember your friends in Spanish Fork. We need to hit Macaroni Grill and see a chick flick together. You also have a little boy you need to meet. He asks about you guys all the time! He says when is that Miranda and Bryce going to come and see me. I'm just saying you kind of are hurting his feelings. :-)

Jenni said...

That's such a cute story!

Hey... what's your email address (let me know at jenni@seaverfamily.com)

Thanks!

Rachelle said...

I don't think I've ever heard all those details before. What a fun story!

gma and gpa M said...

Hi Miranda and Bryce,
What a neat story and such a nice way to remember the date you met.
It's fun for us to know more about your first getting to know each other.
We love and miss you both and we too are so proud of the hard work you both do in attaining your temporal and spiritual goals.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa M.

Ellen said...

You go girl...say as much as you can as fast as you can so none of the good stuff gets forgotten. ;-)

kati said...

haha.. ok so I really just found your blog.. so Im reading it. :) its great btw.. anyway so funny.. this reminds me of when we were living together. and you were waiting for bryce to come back for the summer. and I finally convinced you to show me pictures.. and when you did.. you just handed it to me.. said isn't he so cute.. and then just laughed and stared at it... you were a gonner :) (sp?)