Sunday, June 14, 2009

Baltimore

Two weekends ago we did a day trip to Baltimore, MD. It is a two hour drive from our house so we drove down early Saturday morning and got back late that night. Bryce needed to study for one of his midterms on the drive down there so I drove. Once I exited I was wishing that Bryce was driving. The city was busy, lots of one way streets, and no where to park. The big cities out here are kind of crazy. So once we got parked we went first to the National Aquarium. This is a world known aquarium that is really amazing. It is right on the edge of the bay and it is big. There were tons of amazing fish, sharks, and rain forests. The variety of animals was amazing but since they were all in tanks it is hard to get pictures of them. At this aquarium they have a dolphin show that was really cool and they have a jelly fish exhibit.







After the aquarium we walked around the harbor which was really pretty. We had some lunch and went shopping. We were in a souvenir shop and found those cool crab hats.


After walking around the harbor we walked around the city. The buildings there were really neat and big. It is fun to experience all the different big cities out here in the East. It was a really clean and safe feeling city (at least in the areas we were.)
This is another picture of the harbor but I took this picture specifically to show the lame dragon paddle boats. They are shaped like dragons and you paddle around the harbor. They looked really lame and you could only go out to the cones which was not really far. That is why they are all crammed together. The funny thing was that there was a really long line to rent one of these boats.
That night we went to the orioles game. Bryce had wanted to go to a game at Camden Yards. The outside of the stadium is really pretty with that big long building bordering it. (I don't know why those sentences are underlined but I couldn't turn it off.) Our seats were really good. We were the very front row out in left field. There was a lot of action and we were ready for a home run to be hit over by us. It never happened but it was a fun place to sit. Our allergies had been bothering us all day. I didn't have any allergy medicine with us so by the time we were at the game they had gotten so out of hand I couldn't even open my eyes and was sneezing every couple of minutes. So in about the fourth inning I needed some help. We were kind of embarassed but we resorted to the First aid care. We walked in and they asked us what the problem was and we asked if they had any Benedryl. They said we weren't the first people to come in and need some. It was pretty funny cause there was a guy in there that had been hit in the face and was needing real attention and then we were there needing allergy meds. All in all it was a very fun day. The drive home was hard cause we didn't leave til 10 so we were tired from it being late and had both taken benedryl which nocks me out. So we were very tired driving but we made it. Good times, Good memories.




5 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

How fun...except for the allergy part!

Cloward Family said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I love Maryland! I got to go there when Casey played summer ball in Boston and he played an away game in Maryland so I made the drive. Beautiful! I can just picture the two of you at the First Aid station... HILARIOUS!! I'm glad we finally got a post out of you. Don't make this a habit now!! :)
Love ya!

Nikki said...

How fun!!! I still want to go back and visit the east coast, but I agree with you about the cities out there being CRAZY :)

Downs Family said...

I love hearing and reading all about your fun adventures! I love you guys and miss you tons!!

Ashley said...

I always wanted to get down to the Aquarium in Balitmore, and now seeing your pictures, I have to get back there and do that. Maybe the next time we visit the in-laws. It looks like you are enjoying your summer...good luck with school this year!