The second day of our vacation we drove down to Virginia Beach. As we were driving into town we saw a little neighborhood with a walkway that lead to the beach. So we parked on the side of the road and started walking down the path. It was like walking through a forest cause there were so many trees all around us. Then all of a sudden it opened up to the beach. It was for sure a place where locals go. There was nothing touristic about it. There were only a handful of families spread out so it was really quiet and mellow. We laid our towel down and just basked in the sunlight. The water was really cold so we were waiting for the sun to heat us up so that the cold would be more refreshing. It was a little cloudy and we didn't think we would be staying long since we weren't at the official "Virginia Beach" so we didn't put sunscreen on. Well we ended up staying for 3 hours. During that three hours we laid out, swam in the ocean, saw dolphins, saw crabs, and played frisbee. (Oh and I forgot to mention, got FRIED)


This big menagerie of flags was right next to the path that we walked out to the beach on so it was a nice land marker to know how to get back to our car.

That's me on the path with the beach behind me. We were walking back to our car to go get lunch.

We ate lunch in downtown Virginia Beach and then we went and walked along the main drag of the beach. It was still very pretty but very tourism based. It was funny to see the contrast. It was kind of fun to be a part of all the craziness and action.

You can kind of start to notice the tint of our skin getting more red. Too bad we didn't take a picture the next day. I guess we were in to much pain to want to document it :)

This is a cool statue called "King of the Sea" right at the beach.


After we left the beach we drove back up to Williamsburg and went mini-golfing. It was a fun course and just a fun activity with Bryce. I would like to note that I got 2 hole in one's and I beat Bryce. Yes, I did enjoy the moment cause it doesn't happen that often when you are married to a very athletically skilled man.


p.s. I never pull my hair straight back without a part. I just did for some reason and we weren't fans of it so don't worry, I won't do that with my hair again. Have you noticed our faces and arms a little more red? That night we were both burning up.

5 comments:
You look like you had a blast! I think your hair looks good pulled straight back...no worries!
How fun! You guys are smart to enjoy each other as much as you can before kids come along! Just think if you did have a part in your hair how bad your scalp would have burned, too!
Yeah I love your new picture collage on your blog. Thanks for posting about all of your adventures, I love seeing all the pictures. Yeah your faces look a tad, okay really red!! And I would have to say a am a fan of parts in hair, Ha-Ha you look beautiful no matter what sis!! I can't wait to see you this summer and spend lots of time playing!! Have tons of fun on your NY trip! I love you guys :)
Yeah... I would use the "hole-in-one" bit for the rest of my life!!!
Looks like you had a blast! I miss the beach! :)
Looks like a fun vacation! And the new collage at the top of your blog is fantastic!
Post a Comment